Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fall in (love with) Jozi?.. a mixed feeling

Coming back from 10 days of "winter holiday" in Norway, stepping out of the airport in Joburg felt like a sauna. Still, I cannot help but feeling that fall is coming Joburg's way these days. Is definetly drier and less green than a few weeks ago, and the air is somewhat different. It might also be that I'm extremely sensitive for the sentiment of something coming to an end. Job hunting in Norway has made me very aware of the fact that my year in Jozi soon will be over. A strange feeling really.

What is it with Jozi that makes me unable to explain my relation to it/her/them? One thing is for sure, Jozi has grown on me. I believe this city needs time to reveal it's secrets and it's many good sides. And I'm not quite "there" yet that I've joined the inner circle of those who relly can call Jozi their home. However, I'm a curious and excited guest who continues to be amazed and thrilled.

I hope that this feeling will last and develop for the 85 days that I have before I leave Jozi.

Am I there yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment